Our mission is to help the diverse population of Atlantic County adapt to a rapidly changing society and to improve their lives. We focus on issues and needs related to:
- family and economic well-being
- agriculture, the environment, and natural resource management
- youth development
As an integral part of the statewide Rutgers Cooperative Extension program, School of Environmental Biological Sciences (SEBS), the New Jersey Agriculture Experiment Station, and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, we provide practical education for all people without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status.
Professionals stationed at the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Atlantic County office are Rutgers University faculty, as well as program associates who assist faculty in meeting local needs. We are an outreach arm of Rutgers University - supported by specialists located on the Cook College campus, and dedicated to providing educational opportunities that use non-biased, science-based knowledge.
We invite you to learn about the many educational opportunities Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Atlantic County offers. Knowledge is power to make informed decisions about our lives, our livelihood, and our environment.
- NJ Drought
Drought management for commercial agriculture, the home and the home and commercial landscape.
- New Jersey Department of Agriculture
The mission of the New Jersey Department of Agriculture is to develop, promote, conserve and support the agricultural and agribusiness industry of the state and those natural and renewable resources that are associated with agriculture and other open lands for the benefit of all its citizens.
- New Jersey Farm Bureau
Working to protect farmers - Now and for the future.
- The Natural Resources Conservation Service
The Natural Resources Conservation Service provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain, and improve our natural resources and environment.
- 2014 4-H Open Show Series - the dates for the 2014 Open Horse Shows sponsored by Atlantic County 4-H Horse Council have been set and 4-H members are selling sponsorships to local... More Information
- Rutgers MGA of Atlantic County Scholarship - Rutgers MGA of Atlantic County will be offering a $500 scholarship. The scholarship award is made possible through the volunteer work of Master Gard... More Information
- County 4-H Public Presentations - County 4-H Public Presentations will take place on Friday, April 11th at 7 pm at the George Hess Educational Complex in Mays Landing. All 4-Hers are e... More Information
- Atlantic County Board of Agriculture Scholarship - The Atlantic County Board of Agriculture announces the availability of a scholarship to assist students of agriculture. More Information
- Landscape Plants Rated by Deer Resistance E271 - The following publication is a list of landscape plants rated according to their resistance to deer damage.
- Commercial Vegetable Production Recommendations for New Jersey, 2013
- Commercial Cranberry Pest Control Recommendations for New Jersey, 2013
- Commercial Blueberry Pest Control Recommendations for New Jersey, 2013
- Learn How the 2011 New Jersey Fertilizer Law Affects You - Explore our tools to help you calculate how much fertilizer you need, and how to calibrate your fertilizer spreader.
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth - These fact sheets, offered by the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station, contain valuable information about health and wealth, and also allow users to register their personal goals and watch their progress.
- Atlantic County Healthy Living Coalition - The Atlantic County Healthy Living Coalition provides an opportunity for community engagement on a varity of health issues.